Although the cause is sometimes harmless, but being a mustache woman can make people become less confident. Pay attention to what causes the whiskers in women and how to overcome them.
The mustache woman is classified in the case of hirsutism or the condition of the body or the face of a woman growing unwanted hair. Hair growth is usually associated with male hormones, so the hair grows in areas that are usually more common in men such as upper lip, face and lower body
|This Cause Women with Mustache and How to Overcome it|
In addition to a mustache, this hair can also grow on body parts such as the lower back, legs, chest, buttocks, and thighs. This condition is different from hypertrichosis, when hair can grow in any part of the body. In addition to the growth of hair above the lips, women with mustaches sometimes also experience irregular menstruation, acne, deeper voice, and oily skin.
Hirsutism is commonly experienced by at least one in 20 women and tends to be inherited in the family. Therefore, women with mustaches usually have an older sister, sister, or mother who is also a mustache. Compared to other races, women of South Asia, Mediterranean, and the Middle East are more likely to experience it.
The cause of a woman with a mustache is generally due to excess androgen hormones in a woman's body. In addition, this condition can be caused by other conditions, namely:
- Women with whiskers at a younger age may be due to polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) ovary syndrome. This condition also causes cervical cysts and irregular menstruation. Symptoms that can be felt include headaches, fatigue, mood changes, infertility, pelvic pain, sleep disorders.
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia, the genetic disorder of the adrenal gland. Other adrenal disorders that may occur are tumors and adrenal cancers.
- Cushing's syndrome is a hormonal disorder that causes swelling of the neck and face, and sudden weight gain.
- Consumption of drugs such as anabolic steroids are used to improve athletic performance or build muscle. The long-term use of long-term group medications may also be a trigger for Cushing's syndrome.
- Growth of tumors that increase the production of androgen hormones and affect the adrenal gland or uterus.
- The body produces too much growth hormone, known as acromegaly.
However, sometimes sometimes the cause of this condition is not known for certain. To detect possible causes, in addition to checking medical history, doctors may apply blood tests to determine hormone levels. To detect possible tumors or cysts, doctors may also recommend MRI or ultrasound scans.
If it is considered very disturbing, women with mustaches can try to do some of the following ways such as:
- Laser whisker removal. This method can cause side effects of redness of the skin, and skin discoloration becomes darker or brighter. The effect of removing the whiskers on the laser is not permanent.
- Pull out a mustache, waxing, or shaving. Keep in mind, shaving too often or pulling hair hair can cause folliculitis, which is inflammation or infection in the hole where hair grows on the skin.
- Pills type of co-cyprindiol tablets to prevent the growth of the mustache. These drugs are usually taken for up to six months. Side effects that may be caused are abdominal pain, headache, nausea, and dizziness.
- Anti-androgen drugs to block androgens attach the receptors to the body. These drugs are usually given only when birth control pills do not have any effect. The anti-androgen drug commonly used for handling hirsutism is spinorolactone. This drug is also used as a diuretic medicine. Pregnant women are not advised to take this drug because it can cause defects in the fetus.
- Topical creams such as Eflornithine are applied directly over the lips to slow the growth of the mustache. This cream can usually be used in conjunction with laser therapy.
- Maintaining weight so as not to overdo it can reduce the levels of male hormones (androgens), so the whiskers do not grow.
- Creams called depilatories can be smeared, allowed for a while to be removed along with the fall of the mustache. But be careful, because this cream can cause irritation on sensitive skin.
The removal of a mustache can be chosen for those who want to get quick results. Meanwhile, some types of treatments take time until the results are seen. Not all ways to remove hair in hirsutism conditions are suitable for every woman. To determine the right and safe treatment options, you should consult a dermatologist or beauty if the condition is bad for you. However, some women just let the hair above this lips and not inferior to a woman with a mustache.